You cannot avoid aging. But you can dodge an aged look with Facial Scraping. It is the best beauty indulgence for glowing skin.
While glowing skin is the best selfie, it never happens by miracle. It requires regular care and commitment. Besides aging, your skin gets continuous exposure to dirt, dust, sunlight many pollutants. They make the skin prone to dark patches, wrinkles, dying cells, etc. Doing facial and massage can relieve such conditions. It involves stimulation of the pressure points and delivers a relaxed and rejuvenated look. Plenty of ways is there to do it. One can follow Asian massage facial or jade roller massage face techniques.
Importance of facial and massage
The facial is a group of beauty skin-care procedures for the face. It pampers the skin, relieves stress, and delivers a relaxed and youthful look. This multi-step skincare treatment for the face involves cleansing, steaming, exfoliation, and massage. Cleansing wipes off the dirt and time. Steaming helps to open up the skin pores. Exfoliation helps to remove the dead skin cells. Facial massage is the most relaxing part of the process. It is done by hand using oils and creams. Some Asian massage facial procedures involve the use of simple tools or jade roller massage face techniques. It improves blood circulation, creates an even tone, and enhances drainage of the fluid that causes puffiness.
The application of Facial Scraping is diagnostic for the body and cosmetic for face treatment. Our face acts like a miniature representation of our whole body. Different parts of the face are representations of various organs and meridians of the body. If there is an issue/discomfort in a specific meridian of the body, it is likely to show up on the face as hypersensitivity. This can be treated by scraping on the affected regions of the body. It results in a naturally rejuvenated and bright look.
Benefits of facial scraping
Facial Scraping increases skin temperature and the blood flow on the face. It triggers lots of beneficial effects. The most prominent and tangible ones are:
- Facial Scraping has an anti-aging effect. With increasing age, the production of collagen in the skin decreases. It results in drying and wrinkle. But because of the Scraping, the skin tones up, and the brightness is perceptible. Because of increased blood flow, the skin has better bounce and flexibility. It also looks healthy and well-nourished.
- The collagen in the skin increases because of Facial Scraping.
- It also irons away from the fine lines. Gua Sha scraping keeps moving the lymph and other fluids along with the blood. With such increased fluid movements, the skin tends to remain taut and firm.
- Facial Gua Sha does away with the puffiness of the face. Salty meals, or some allergy, puffs up the face (excessive crying also does that). The accumulation of the lymph fluids in the face is the reason for the puffiness. Gua Sha of the face, particularly of the neck, drains away from the lymph and brings back the chiseled look.
- It helps do away or at least reduce the onslaught of whiteheads, blackheads, and the acne. Initially, when you start with the Facial Gua Sha, these will increase. But with frequent and systematic facial Gua Sha, after some time, as all the toxins get flushed out, the outbreaks stop or reduces considerably.
- Facial Gua Sha reduces the effects of hyperpigmentation. Any micro wound or scarring results in hyperpigmentation, where the color of the skin is different from the surrounding. The skin darkens because of excess melanin deposits.
- The increased flow of blood brings in more nutrients and oxygen. The toxins are flushed out efficiently, and the skin tries to get back to its original color and texture. Gradually the hyperpigmentation gives away.
- The eyes look more bright and lively. Since the skin around the eye are healthy and toned up and stretched too, the eyes get the necessary prominence and liveliness.
Apart from all the physiological benefits, the facial Gua Sha is a great stress buster, and it keeps the tension and the blood pressure within limits. It boosts the feeling of well-being and enthusiasm. During the therapy itself, one can feel the lightness of the mind and soul.
Facial map for scraping massage
Face maps help the users in two ways. The first map shows how to execute the strokes for different parts of the face.
It is indeed vital that the facial Gua Sha strokes are done correctly and in the proper direction. That helps in the adequate flow of the Qi in the facial tissues.
The strokes should be in the direction where they will reduce the sagging and folding of the skin and facilitate higher blood flow.
The second Gua Sha face map on the right locates the different parts of the body on the face. Note that Gua Sha is not a reflexology technique, but it does provide some relief to the affected regions. It is more for ensuring good health and peak performance of the respective body parts, rather than curing it.
The Gua Sha massage releases Qi and stress, and this is good for the body part. Some variations exist across different face maps. But there is general conformity about the strokes and representation of the body parts on the face.
So, when you opt for a facial Gua Sha, you are also doing a good turn to your internal organs. The glow and radiance of the face are not possible if the overall health of the body is not good. A sick body with a bright look is rather a difficult call.
If thеrе іѕ аnу rесurrіng раіn оr dіѕсоmfоrt whіlе уоu аrе receiving a facial оr Gua Shа, іt саn bе a wаrnіng ѕіgn thаt thе corresponding bоdу organ іѕ nоt аt its реаk performance.
Summing it up, the facial Gua Sha is not only good for the face, but it fine-tunes various internal body organs. A healthy body reflects a fresh, bright and glowing look.
How to perform a facial scraping step by step?
The basic steps are as follows
Before beginning, ensure that your face is clean, well moisturized (no dry patches). There should be no bruise, cuts or damage to the skin.
- Use a facial mist to hydrate your facial skin.
- Apply a face oil/ serum to your face. Rub your hands to warm it up and then spread it across your face and neck.
- Hold your Gua Sha stone firmly, use it against your skin in a flat angle (around 15 degrees is advisable) within a light to medium pressure range.
- Remember to repeat each stroke for at least five times. You can do more if you have the time. Keep the pace slow and make sure you wiggle & massage with the stone after every stroke.
- As we hold a lot of tension in the neck area, it is vital to relax this area first. Hold the stone with the notched edge facing downward
- Start with the back of the neck and stroke it upwards till you reach the bone at the base of the skull.
- It is essential to wiggle and presses the stone at the end of every stroke.
- Move to the sides of your neck and repeat the upward motion until you reach the respective bones behind both ears. Face the longer edge of the stone down for this. Do not forget to wiggle at the end of every stroke.
- Move to the front of the neck. Start from the collarbone till you reach your jaw. Use the same long flat edge for this too.
- For the center of the neck, hold the notched edge of the stone downward & stroke upward till you reach the chin bone. Repeat the motion for at least five times
- Using the notched side of the stone, move to the right side of your face, start from your chin and stroke through your jawline till you reach your ear.
- Use the long flat side of the stone to move upwards on the cheek. The stone should rub across your cheek. Start from the side of the lip, to just above your ear in an upward fashion.
- Move to the under-eye region and place the notched side of the stone right below the eye(facing upward), close to the top of your nose. Then stroke along the under-eye region with very light pressure. Do not press too hard here.
- Run the notched edge of the stone along your eyebrow and stroke upward and outward through the end.
- Using the flat side of the stone, starting from the eyebrow being covered by the long side of the stone, move upward till you reach the top of the forehead.
- Next, use the short flat edge of the stone, start from slightly right of the center of your brows and move upwards till you reach the end.
- Remember to do the same on the other side of the face.
Now, after you have successfully scraped your face and glamourized yourself in the mirror, it is essential to make sure you stay indoors and light on any activity for at least 30 mins. It can be an excellent time to have a cup of tea, read a book, or just sleep it off depending on how relaxed you feel after the process.
Gua Sha Facial has opened up the possibility of having a beautiful and glowing face, without the need for harmful chemicals or expensive cosmetics. It has become very popular worldwide. One can always try this therapy and enjoy healthy facial skin.